Period stop...

As per doctor's prescription My wife take Regestrone 5mg tab twice for 5 days. But for that may be, after 3 days her periods stop after very little bleeding. We are planning to take baby but pregnancy result is negative. So is it ok or we need to discuss with doctor about this. Her periods become normal after complete of 5 days medicine or not.. please advice..

Doctor Answers (2) on Period stop...

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Your wife might be experiencing anovulation. This could be the reason behind your wife being unable to conceive. Also, her body weight is more than her height. Visit a gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Visit a gynecologist.
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query regarding progestrogen hormones and desire to concieve.

The most common cause of irregular menstrual cycles in your wife's age group is oligo or anovulation.

Pills like regesterone may cause withdrawal bleeding but will not ovulation. And ovulation is a necessity for pregnancy to occur.

I would advice that you consult a local infertility specialist to determine the cause of your subfertility as a couple. Depending upon your history and clinical examination she will prescribe certain tests to confirm the cause and treat accordingly.

I would also advise her to start folic acid supplement tablets 3 prior to conception.

Regards,
Aditi