Period & Pregnancy

I haven't got my period in 3 months. I have been suggested by the doctor to take a tablet so that I get my periods this month and he said if my periods do not become regular by next month he will have to look at other long term solutions. I had sex with my boyfriend and he finished inside me. If I take the period tablet will I not get pregnant or do I need to take an iPill? Please help, I am scared.

Doctor Answers (1) on Period & Pregnancy

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there....when did you have intercourse with your boyfriend? It will depend on that. Also since your menstrual cycles are irregular, it is difficult to tell if you were ovulating at that time. If it's been more than 10 days since you have intercourse, you can take a home urine pregnancy test and confirm. Consult your gynaecologist regarding ipill (it should be taken within 24 to 72 hours of intercourse), as you have not mentioned the medications which you have been prescribed. It is difficult to tell if they will cross react.