Period irregular

Im 30 and unmarried. Till last month my period s regular. But in this month more than 10 days delay and still I dint get periods and started having heavy hair fall. Taken tests like thyroid, vitamin b12, vitamin d, ferritin, hemoglobin tests. B12 and thyroid tests are fine I dont have issue. Hemoglobin little less like 10.3, ferritin is very low 3 and vitamin d 32. Kindly suggest these ferritin and vitamin d is causing irregular periods and hair fall from root. Pls suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Period irregular

​Thanks for the query. ​​FPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consist of topical lotion (Minoxidil ). Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also​ ​be started. it also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and adv​​ice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. The levels of ferritin is low while vitamin D levels have to be interpreted based on the lab where you got the tests done as the same number may mean different conclusions based on interpretation values used by the laboratory Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala