Perganancy

I have been recently confirmed my pregnancy through UPT. I am worried that my TSH - 12 and age factor. Can you please guide me on this what all the precaution i have to take during my pregnancy. I am a primi mother and my last LMP was 17.01.2016. I have cold cum mild fever what could be the reason...

Doctor Answers (1) on Perganancy

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I see that you have posted that your TSH is high. And your age is also 30 which bothers you. These days medical science is advanced that you don't have to worry too much about such issues. Go for regular checkups and regular scans, regular blood tests will also be required. Since you are a primi, 3 doses of TT would be required in the course of your pregnancy. Consult a obstetrician and gynaecologist, they will take care of aleverything including your thyroid situation. No need to worry. Regards