Peeling.microdarm,co2 las

I have open pores and scars...have visited certain docters...one saying glycolic peeling will be efective..one saying microdarma ...and onther is carbon laser...now am confused...what to do...which trtatment will be effective on my face...dont want 2 waiste money and time 2...plz guide me

Doctor Answers (1) on Peeling.microdarm,co2 las

Dr. Vijay Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hi Scars are of different type and treatment is always individualised depending on type of skin, type of scars & its severity but mostly it is combination of different modalities to get the best possible results. Subcision is advised to break the bands beneath the scars initially. Glycolic peels will help reduce pigmentation and tightening of skin. Microdermabrasion helps remove very superficial dead skin layer thus smoothening the skin and will help only very superficial scars. If your skin is fair and you can take proper protection from sunlight, you may go for Co2 laser. Be patient to see the results as it takes time for new collagen formation and you may need multiple sessions to see appreciable results. It may seem little costlier but always opt for a qualified dermatologist with experience in lasers as man behind the laser is equally important as the technology. Hope this helps you. Regards Dr Vijay Adhe Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic Pune.