diabetes-icon
PCOS harmony a
Hi doctor, I am right now getting my periods regularly. But I had suffered from PCOS 2 years back. I have not checked there after if there are any more cysts again. I am suffering from facial hair planning for a laser treatment and have come across in blogs that it would be give good results only if PCOS is in control. Should I be going for a checkup for it or as I am getting my periods on time I should be considering it to be in control.

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Not all pcos requires treatment. If it's causing any comorbidities then treatment might be required. And one of its side effects is hirsutism, which you are suffering from. So better to get your pcos checked once before starting on any treatment for hirsutism. So consult a gynaecologist for further evaluation.