PCOS and weight loss

I m 27 yrs old home maker. I had medication since sep'15 for pcos and stopped the pills now . Height -164cm & weight 70kg.I have gained 6 kg in 8 months. the doctor asked me to reduce my weight gradually. When I go for diet plan the entire menu consists of only fruits, vegetables and brown rice. I do all the household chores by myself. Such diet plan will help me? Is it possible to stay healthy and do all my work with such diet? Kindly give me your suggestions.

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOS and weight loss

Dr. Huda Shaikh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi there,

The diet needs to be planned keeping your lifestyle,nutritional needs and medical issues in mind.Also the diet that u follow needs to be close to the kind of food you have been eating
It should not be changed completely.Also fruits,veggies and brown rice all the 3 are healthy options but need to be added in the diet intelligently.The only cure for PCOS is a high fiber moderate protein and low fat diet.Once you lose weight the problem.of PCOS also shall get sorted.There are many other foods which can help with the problem of PCOS.Hence do not worry you can surely get in touch with us.A healthy diet can drive many health issues out.
If you need any other assistance do let me know.I shall be happy to help you my dear.Do not fret everything shall be good :)