PCOS and pragnency

Hi, I suffer from pcos from puberty.doctors give me birth control pills with metformin n never give me a permanent solution. Now I'm married and wish to have a baby. We desperately tried for one year and still m not pregnant. I wish to go by natural terms n also I need a permanent solution pls. Note: I tried low carb diet and it works for me. I used to get my periods regularly on a LCHF diet. But I'm worried abt getting conceived with a low carb diet as this(ketosis n absence of carbs completely) may affect my baby. I am a bit over weight anemic and have most of the pcos symptoms.

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOS and pragnency

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, what you need to know is there is no permanent solution for PCOS, it can only be controlled with tablets and weight reduction, but no permanent solution. Here is small detail about PCOS, PCOS is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. The most common symptoms are:Acne.Weight gain and trouble losing weight.Extra hair on the face and body.Thinning hair on the scalp.Irregular periods. Often women with PCOS have fewer than nine periods a year. Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding.Fertility problems. Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant(infertility).Depression. Regular exercise, healthy foods, and weight control are the key treatments for PCOS. Treatment can reduce unpleasant symptoms and help prevent long-term health problems. Try to fit in moderate activity and/or vigorous activity often. Walking is a great exercise that most people can do.Eat heart-healthy foods. This includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high insaturated fat, such as meats, cheeses, and fried foods.Most women who have PCOS can benefit from losing weight and weight reduction alone make you release ovum (egg) and subsequently pregnant. Even losing 5kg may help get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle.