Pcos and medicine

I have been taking birth control pills for about 8 months now for pcos... I don't want to stop the medicine as I'm afraid things will go back to the way they were... So I wanted to know for how long can I take it ? Is it safe ?

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

See Pcod is a change and not a disease. When u stop the pills u r going to go back to ur previous pattern. If u don't want pregnancy then no treatment is indicated. Treatment cof pregnancy will make things normal
Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Obstetrician 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi your question of safty of birth control pills. It'safe for quite a long priod, but it is not the treatment of pcos. you may get regular cycles till you take pills, or at the most 1 or 2 cycles after leaving pills.

Hello.. Well you need to follow up with your gynecologist and also get a scan done to see how is your pcos now...if they are cleared you need not use the pills...secondly you also need to reduce weight and do regular exercises...on the other hand if it has not reduced and periods are not regular then we need to take a call on it whether you require any procedure...