PCOD, very high BMI.

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant. My due date is in June and I want to regulate my diet immediately after my delivery so that I can get proper nutrition for breastfeeding and taking care of my child while remaining fit and reducing my BMI. I am 5 ft 7 in tall and my pre-pregnancy weight was 87 kg. Now I weigh around 90 and I have also been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Since I need to regulate my eating pattern from now only, I would be grateful if provided with a dietary regime that I can continue even after the birth of my child, keeping my current diabetic tendency in mind.

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOD, very high BMI.

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,madam most of the times gestational diabetes disappear once the delivery happens,, and then you will become normal later,,, even normal pregnancy itself causes weight gain dye to growing baby and due to hormonal imbalance. So don't worry much for future diet now. You need to control your suger level for now,, you may need medicine for that,, avoid all sweets,, extra suger, rice items or any foods with carbohydrate should be minimal quantity,, eat more protein containing, pulses and vegetables.