Pcod and hormonal ombalan

Hi , I am unmarried having pcod from past 3 years. Recently I undergone abdominal scan which shows there is no cysts and report is normal. As per doctor advise I undergone LH,FSH, prolactin.. values are like this LH---5.34 FSH---6.90 Prolactin--7.00 So my Gync advised me to take ovacare tablets to regularise periods .. Could u pls suggest n this!!

Doctor Answers (2) on Pcod and hormonal ombalan

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Only Ova care cannot heal the root cause of problem  in PCOD.
Good news is that it can be totally  reversed if you choose to do so. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dear Ma'am,

PCOS or PCOD is a disorder comprising of two of three criteria.

1. Irregular period.
2. Presence of multiple ovarian cysts on ultrasound.
3. Clinical or biochemical evidence of hyperandrogenemia.  ( excess male hormone) 

The management of this condition depends upon the presenting features visit a visit  cycle irregularity,  subfertility or long term metabolic disturbances like diabetes or cardiovascular disorders.

If you do not have any of the above mentioned disturbances it would be wise to just monitor your cycles ( menstrual diary) and aim for spontaneous and regular ovulation with lifestyle advice like diet,  maintaining BMI within normal limits and regular exercise  as only 5 percent weight loss will reduce symptoms. Treatment options to be reserved only if additional complications supervene or fertility is desired and does not occur despite 1 year of spontaneous trying.

Please contact your Gynaecologist to discuss conservative options as well and determine the clinical threshold at which ovacare would be given.

Regards
Aditi