Patchy lip and penis

Hi, I had a surgery on my had for cyst removal after which the Dr prescribed Ciplox 500 twice a day for 7 days. The first day I noticed my upper lip was swollen and had itching on my penis. The third day my upper lip has dark black dry patches and the same on my penis which is cracked and bleeding. A post online said to apply fluticasone creme, which I have been applying for a day and have stopped the antibiotics. Is this right?

Doctor Answers (1) on Patchy lip and penis

Greetings. This appears to be a fixed drug eruption + this is not something you treat by looking up online. What you have done for now is fine - stop that anti biotic. See a qualified dermatologist near you. Was there any other medicine prescribed along with ciplox - if any -needs to be checked what caused the fde and to avoid it in future. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.