Patchy beard

M/25 with very sparse beard on my cheeks and bald spots. On advice of a dermatologist I got my thyroid profile checked. Please suggest me what type of specialist I should consult with thyroid test results.
views-icons 43 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Patchy beard

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Dermatologist

INR 250 for 24 hrs

This is a common condition, and probably indicates a disturbed immune system. You may be having a condition called alopecia areata, if there are well defined patches of hair loss. Other diagnosis may also be possible and can be ascertained while consulting. However, this is the diagnosis most of the times. Treatment is simple and has different approaches. You need to discuss with a dermatologist to understand it at length. You can see a Endocrinologist or a Medicine specialist if thyroid reports are beyond normal range.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?