Patches on hair

Dear sir, my name is lokesh. From last one year iam suffering from hair loss and also patches on my hair. At that time i went to dermatologist and he gave medicines. And after 3 months he did biopsy and said that it is because of lichen planus,And no hair will grow on that patches, we can control not to expanding it only. I used medicine for 4 months. But no use. And after that i went to Nims. And there they said that. Don't worry, hair will grow on those patches. So that iam using medicines over there. But my problem is not yet solved. Still iam suffering with severe hair loss problem. Is it possible to get hair on those patches ? Please tell me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Patches on hair

Hi. Greetings. Thanks for the detailed history. But that alone will not help me to give a complete opinion, I would need to examine you or atleast see photos. If it's lichen plano pilaris then hair may not grow since hair root is destroyed. However if its alopecia areata which also has patchy hair loss, hair can grow again since the stem cells are alive. Kindly send photo of biopsy report too. For treatment Take a detailed consultation and opinion from a qualified dermatologist. Warm regards.