Papules on the penis

I think I have penile papules, however, the head and the part exactly underneath the head has recently turned dark pink in colour. This part itches a few times in a day but the itch is not unbearable. Itches for a few seconds and it's goes away. Worried if this is a dangerous HIV. Please advice.

Doctor Answers (1) on Papules on the penis

Dr. Rajesh Verma Chennai | Sexologist
Penile papules are small, benign growths. It can be pink, white, yellow, or (rarely) translucent in color. They’re normally very small, ranging from 1-2mm wide by 1-4mm long. The shape, color, and size can vary between individuals, but all the papules that one person has will look the same. It’s perfectly normal to be a bit worried if you notice any small growths on your penis. It’s possible that you might have penile papules, or if you’ve had sexual contact, you could have genital warts. Genital warts are caused by HPV; a sexually transmitted infection. Penile papules may not be HIV, to rule out that you can do antibodies and antigen test for the same