Painful & Sensetive teeth
I did not have any sensitivity issue with my teeth. Recently I had an ice pan which was filled with ice and was stuffed in the mouth completely. I could take that chilled effect for hardly 15 secs post which I threw it out. I had immense pain in my teeth for the next 24 hrs post which it subsided with a painkiller (Aceclofenac). It was normal since then. Recently while having ice cream, I could again feel the pain the moment it touched my teeth. This concerned me. I never had a sensitivity issue and I could have chilled food without a trouble. But now even an ice cream is troubling me. What can be a possible reason for this? How can this be fixed? Please help with some suggestions and advice.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi...there is a possibility of a hidden cavity in your tooth. It might require a root canal. Visit a nearest dentist. Regards
Dr. Ramya. M.R
Dentist 8 yrs exp Kolar
This could b either due to sensitivity due to loss of enamel surface or due to decay of tooth. Tooth decay can b treated by filling of tooth or by rct n capping of the decay is deep. Sensitivity can b reduced by using desensitizing toothpaste such as senquelF or sensodyne toothpaste by rubbing some amount of toothpaste onto ur tooth surface n wait till 5 mins before rinsing it off. Get ur teeth evaluated by dentist to know the cause of ur problem n get treated accordingly. Regards .
Dr. Chirag K Nebhani
Dentist 9 yrs exp Ahmedabad
See first of all you should definitely visit your dentist soon and get your checkup & X ray done, if particular tooth is carious or any type of defect is there your doctor will guide you about the further treatment,
Dr. Sanket Chakraverty
Dentist 7 yrs exp Kolkata
Use Vantej or Sensodyne Rapid Relief or Sensodent K tooth paste. Get an xray done for that particular tooth from a dentist and if at all the tooth is having any pathology, then do the needful treatment like root canal treatment followed by dental crown as suggested by dentist.