Painful & Sensetive teeth

I did not have any sensitivity issue with my teeth. Recently I had an ice pan which was filled with ice and was stuffed in the mouth completely. I could take that chilled effect for hardly 15 secs post which I threw it out. I had immense pain in my teeth for the next 24 hrs post which it subsided with a painkiller (Aceclofenac). It was normal since then. Recently while having ice cream, I could again feel the pain the moment it touched my teeth. This concerned me. I never had a sensitivity issue and I could have chilled food without a trouble. But now even an ice cream is troubling me. What can be a possible reason for this? How can this be fixed? Please help with some suggestions and advice.

Doctor Answers (4) on Painful & Sensetive teeth

Hi...there is a possibility of a hidden cavity in your tooth. It might require a root canal. Visit a nearest dentist. Regards
Dr. Ramya. M.R Kolar | Dentist
This could b either due to sensitivity due to loss of enamel surface or due to decay of tooth. Tooth decay can b treated by filling of tooth or by rct n capping of the decay is deep. Sensitivity can b reduced by using desensitizing toothpaste such as senquelF or sensodyne toothpaste by rubbing some amount of toothpaste onto ur tooth surface n wait till 5 mins before rinsing it off. Get ur teeth evaluated by dentist to know the cause of ur problem n get treated accordingly. Regards .
See first of all you should definitely visit your dentist soon and get your checkup & X ray done, if particular tooth is carious or any type of defect is there your doctor will guide you about the further treatment,
Use Vantej or Sensodyne Rapid Relief or Sensodent K tooth paste. Get an xray done for that particular tooth from a dentist and if at all the tooth is having any pathology, then do the needful treatment like root canal treatment followed by dental crown as suggested by dentist.