Painful 2days period
Hello doctors. I am suffering from very painful period since past 5-6yrs. Also it spans only 2days at maximum. I live a very healthy lifestyle, eat lots of fruits and veggies, drink lot of water. I'm 22 and weigh 72kgs. I am not active in sexual activities. Please suggest something. I'm very worried. Good day. Thanks.

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you are having painful periods. There are several options to consider. You may choose to take painkillers like mefenamic acid during your period. Your doctor can prescribe these for you. Acupuncture has a good evidence base for period pain management and homeopathy is al so used although the evidence base is not so strong. A more invasive but highly effective alternative is the Mirena intrauterine system in case conservative measures fail to relieve your pain. You may wish to read more on WWW.patient.co.uk. Your gynaecologist can suggest if you need further tests to rule out other problems causing severe period pain. Best wishes