Pain while Urinating

I'm getting a very bad pain in my lower abdomen plus while urinating getting a varginal ache. Few days back i had gone for the checkup one tablet and a syrup has been prescribed but its not helping me to over come the pain.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain while Urinating

Thank you for your question.
It appears that your current treatment is not helping your infection. You may have given a urine sample for microscopy culture and sensitivity. If not please do so. This test can help determine the organism causing your infection and the antibiotics it is sensitive to. This can guide your prescriber so that they give you the most suitable medicine.
Rarely vaginal and urinary infections that are sexually transmitted do not show up on such tests because the culture media or test kits for these are not available everywhere. This means that doctors need to have a high index of suspicion and treat you and your partner empirically. If you are sexually active and there is a possibility that either you or your partner have had sex with another person or have done in the past it is worth getting tested and treated for such infections by seeing a doctor specialising  in genitourinary medicine. In India these will be doctors specialising in skin and DVD.
Hope this helps
Best wishes