Pain while running

After running for sometime, I feel pain in my upper right abdomen under the right side Ribs... I am not able to run post that. The pain subsides eventually on its own. But starts again once I start running. What could be the reason and how to get rid of it?

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

This is because of increased blood flow to the liver This stretches the capsule of liver causing pain If you exercise regularly, this will gradually go off There is nothing to worry

Hello there. I can understand your concern, This issue can arise with new runners/joggers who do not take things slowly. Are you a new runner or have been running from long time. As suggested by my colleague, you can take sips of water while running or jogging. Rest frequently. And take things slowly. Increase your intensity of running gradually. If it still persists, consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.

Hello...... It's quite common for beginners... You do warm up exercise before running ...your must strengthen your muscles and bone... Gradually increase your work load... Have nutritious foods, more of fruits and vegetables ,avoid junk foods.... You can reduce weight by changed diet and exercise.