Pain the near groin area

I am a sports player, I play football on regular basis and do workout everyday, in short I live an active lifestyle. Since December while playing football I felt a stretch in my left leg which gave me a minor pain, I didn't bothered to look for it. But after some days that pain affected my running and weightlifting. Due to which I consulted to a surgeon but I feel he's not able to find the real problem, he advised for sonography but didnt find the real problem. My pain is in the left inguinal area, also I feel 'gaat' in my left belly which I believe is hernia, but when I consulted about it to Doctor, he advised not pay attention to it because it's nothing. It's been 3months and I haven't recovered fully from it. I feel depressed at times when I am not able to play my games, do running or play football and gym. Please help or provide me a best sprts doctor who really can help. I feel helpless when I don't see any progress after resting such long. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain the near groin area

Dr. Rajesh Gayakwad Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Hi, Since you feel some swelling and pain in inguinal region it's better to have consultation with surgical gastrointestinal specialist. Once he/she clears you then an orthopaedic surgeon /sports medicine specialist will examine you and investigate accordingly. As of now your complaints are very vague to suggest anything specific.