cardiologist-icon

Pain in upper left chest

I experienced pain in left chest and also had uneasiness for few mins 2 days ago. But yesterday felt pain in the middle of chest while exercising. If I would press in the middle of the chest, it would pain more. I was also not sure what happened. Kindly help me in diagnosing the problem.
views-icons 50 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in upper left chest

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
May be due to gastritis...get ECG for safer side and fallow bellow advices try eating several small meals instead of three large ones whenever you can...Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty... avoid coffee,tea etc... Stress may make your gastritis symptoms worse...Stress may be hard to avoid, but you can learn to cope with it. If you have trouble relaxing, consider calming activities, such as meditation, yoga etc...sleep with head raised position and have dinner at least 2 hours before sleep..take over the counter medications with above..consult physician if symptoms persists