Pain in throat and cough
For the past 1 week, i had difficulty in swallowing and there were red and white patches in back of the throat, after salt gargle it went away, but my coughing remained. I am having dry cough which intensifies during night hours and if cough comes it is dark yellow, i am also having pain in throat which is felt on shoulders too. This pain intensifies when swallowing. I smoke sometimes, but very less ie 3 to 4 cigarettes per week.

Dr. Harisha N L

Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain....you will require antibiotics to clear up infection..Consult nearest ent surgeon.