Pain in the left chest ar
Dear doctors, I am having pain in the upper chest area on the left hand side.. This pain is almost since 15days now. Its random but everyday. I am planning to see a doctor.. But pls suggest me whether I should see a general physician or a specialist.. I don't want to come to a conclusion but mostly its kind of a muscle pain.. It may not be the gas formation.
106 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi....., I went through your query.....Bases upon your history you might have developed costochondritis..... Costochondritis is a painful inflammation of the costchondrial joint connecting the ribs to the sternum...... It is often difficult to identify a single cause of costochondritis. ... avoid activities that cause paim...Exercise, deep breathing, and strain on the muscles of the chest may worsen the symptoms....consider anti inflammatory medications.... Consult Orthopedician.....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.