Pain in right rib cage

I have pain in my right rib cage. no sign on the skin however when pressed it pains. which type of doctor should i consult
views-icons 42 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in right rib cage

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., your clinical symptoms are suggestive of intercostal muscular spasms.. Stretch the affected muscle, drink plenty of fluids, Use a warm towel or heating pad on tense or tight muscles.... Fluids help your muscles contract and relax and keep muscle cells hydrated and less irritable....Consult orthopedician for further advice....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?