Pain in left hip

Hi i have been facing pain in my left hip from past 1 to 1.5 month. i have consulted doctors at govt hospital they advice me for physiotherapy for a week. took that no use. pain again came back. right now i am seeing a homeopathic doctor who explained that this is due to nerve being pinched at spine between L1 and L2 as muscles have contracted due to prolong sitting as my job profile demands so. I have also take up MRI and i have the reports as well and they depict some what the same. i haven't shown those to anyone yet though and would like to consult foe the same. also how much time would it take to get recovered as i have already gained 5kg in 2 months of time and would like to get back to my fitness and like to take up physical activities like gym, cycling and trekking to the earliest possible. looking for an early reply Thanks

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in left hip

DR. PRADEEP KUMAR SAHU Delhi | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
tell me exact site of pain. is d pain s anteriorly or posteriorly on gluteus region. you need to b evaluated by a good physiotherapist.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.... I went through your query.... I can understand your concern..... The most common causes of hip pain are arthritis, bursitis, muscle strain, and nerve irritation... you should avoid the extremes of hip motion and should minimize jarring and high impact activities.... Avoid running and jumping.... Avoid activities that require you to spread your legs widely..... Consult Orthopedician....