Pain at the back of head

I feel pain at the back of my head usually on the right side on the lower back portion of my head. It usually vanishes after I sleep in the night.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain at the back of head

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it is due to Tension headache.
Try some of the following:

Manage your stress level. One way to help reduce stress is by planning ahead and organizing your day. Another way is to allow more time to relax. And if you're caught in a stressful situation, consider stepping back.

Go hot or cold. Applying heat or ice — whichever you prefer — to sore muscles, may ease a tension headache. For heat, use a heating pad set on low, a hot-water bottle, a warm compress or a hot towel. A hot bath or shower also may help. For cold, wrap ice, an ice pack or frozen vegetables in a cloth to protect your skin.

Perfect your posture. Good posture can help keep your muscles from tensing. When standing, hold your shoulders back and your head level. Pull in your abdomen and buttocks. When sitting, make sure your thighs are parallel to the ground and your head isn't slumped forward....
Consult Neurologist....