Pain above left eye

I am getting frequent pain above my left eye, which causes pain in left part of head. Sleeping is the only solution.it starts for any reason, usually when i sleep more, or stay out for long in hot day. I used to have morr headaches till the age of 14, but it stopped, again it has started. Usually mild pain starts when i wake up and then becomes unbearable by night.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain above left eye

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...there are different types of headache like migraine, tension type, cluster headache, due to sinusitis, visual disturbance. The migraine headache is usually unilateral and associated with visual disturbance, nausea, vomiting. There are many triggering factors for migraine like strong smells, bright light, emotional stress, insomnia. keep account of the triggering factors and try to avoid them. When you get a headache go into a dark room and rest. You can also consult a general physician or neurologist for further evaluation.