P.c.o.d and menstrual cyc

Last month In my ultrasound report pcod was there is any way to remove this problem..can masterbeat be a reason behind this pcod..Please suggest me I am 20 year old.addicted to masterbeat from last 10 years...from last 5 months my periods hasn't came..
views-icons 55 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on P.c.o.d and menstrual cyc

Thank you for your question
PCOD is a lifestyle related illness and you cannot remove it, only manage it. Masturbation does not cause PCOD. It may be related to other emotional behaviours and their suppression. Its not wrong to masturbate but if you feel you are addicted you need to explore the issue further with a counselor.
Regarding  PCOD the treatment centres on protecting your ovary and endometrium so that you get a bleed every month. The other steps involve regulating your blood sugar and insulin resistance which is a big factor. Regular exercise and correct diet with supplements is essential in managing this condition. Your dietician can help you learn what food is best for you.
I would urge you to see your gynaecologist and clarify all your doubts about PCOD so you can manage it early.
best wishes