diabetes-icon
Overdose of thronorm
My spouse had accidentaly been taking thyronorm 100 mcg for 1 month 20 days instead of 50 mcg as prescribed by doctor. What should be done now? I believe there are some side effects like leg cramps, breathlessness etc which are now evident. Kindly advice accordingly.

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Thyroid hormone has half life of 7 days. Nothing needs to be done now just relax and start taking 50 mcg. Thyrotoxicosis factatia needs symptomatic management but in your case it is not that prominent as you already took it for more than 1 month without much symptoms.

Thyronorm 50 mcg overdose