Osfm one finger openmouth

Dear sir I am facing osfm fibrosis from last 5 years. problems in mouth opening. In regular interval oral ulcer seen.  consulted oral surgeon and got recovered but the same occurs in 10-15 days again. I have also gone for biopsy and got negative . Please guide how to recover it permanently   by which doctor and where

Doctor Answers (2) on Osfm one finger openmouth

There is no permanent cure. The biggest favor you can do yourself is stop the habit that led to the disease. Under the guidance of the oral surgeon, your regular mouth exercises can lead to some degree of recovery. All the best.
No one can cure OSMF. The disease is progressive. We can slow down its progression in a few ways. Its treatment is purely symptomatic. Primarily you need to stop tobacco or betelnut chewing. Multivitamins amd antioxidants should be taken. Local applications of steroid ointment also helps.
In case of reduced mouth opening,  mouth opening exercises should be done. A mouth opening of 25 mm or less usually needs surgery.
Getting better is a long process don't lose heart.