cancer-icon

Oral Dysplasia.

I had a tobacco chewing habit of 5 years. I was dignosed with precancerous lesions.hav quitted tobaco for 4 months now.There was a small white granular structure at RMT region.doctor said its leucoplakia.after biopsy the result came as moderate dysplasia with koilocytic change.it was 3 months ago.removed wisdom teeth.The biopsy site has a white discolration. No more lessions in mouth. But still i am living with the fear of getting cancer.how should i confirm that the dysplasia won't cause any harm? Should i repeat biopsy of the same site again? When should i go for another biopsy if yes? I heared koilocytic change means HPV infection and chance of getting cancer is high.doctor took oral swab for HPV 16 and 18 test. The report was negative.my local surgical oncologist says just wait and watch nothing gonna happen.went to TMH mumbai preventive Oncology dept. They are also saying to wait. What should i do to get confitmation and peace of mind?

Doctor Answers (1) on Oral Dysplasia.

Dr. Shubham Jain Delhi | Surgical Oncologist
Don't worry. Just be vigilant to any change on the lesion. In case of any concern show again after 3 months, else immediately if you notice any change. It may need rebiopsy