Oral birth control pills
I am getting married.me and my partner do not want use condom as a contraceptive method.we want to use birth control pills or if anything else is available.we both does not have any STD.my question is how safe these pills are and is there any bad side effect of these pills?is there any other way available?

Dr. Gayatri Bala Juneja
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 22 yrs exp Delhi

Taking regular oral contraceptive pills is absolutely safe but the patient should be non smoking, not obese, no high blood pressure and if hypothyroid, it should be in control. Whenever pregnancy is desired, leave the pills 3 to 6 months before. Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE I PILL.