Oligospermia or Low Sperm
My sperm count is low. In 2013 it was 2 million. I married in 2011 and tring for pregnancy from 32012. Doctor prescribed me drugs for 3 months. Then it became 8 million in 2014. Again after stopping drug, it was 5 million. Last month it was 12 million. Some doctor advised me IVF and ICSI. What should I do? I cannot afford IVF? Is there any other way other than IVF

Dr. Sujoy Dasgupta
Gynecologist 9 yrs exp Kolkata

First thing is we should try to find out the cause of low sperm count. If it is found, then we can treat it so that you can try for pregnancy by natural means. Sometimes no cause is found but even in that case treatment is there- we can give drugs to improve the count and if the count is normal then natural trying. If still 12 million per mll, then we can try IUI for at least 3 cycles. IVF is preserved if IUI fails.