OCD and depression
Hi, I am suffering from OCD from last 6 years.It is affecting my social life and professional life both.I found very difficult to cope up with the people around me.I found little difficult in make decisions..My mind automatically go to confused state.I dont like places where there are lots of people present.

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Psychiatrist 7 yrs exp Delhi

Hi there, The problem of OCD is a treatable and manageable one beyond doubt. There r rare instances of some difficulty in pharmacological management but psychological approach to the same definitely helps. I have no idea what treatment u r taking and have u tried psychotherapiutic interventions yet... And many other things. So u need to be evaluated in detail in order to help u out in totality. Alternatively u can seek the behavioural therapy from ur psychiatrist besides medications. Hope this helps u but feel free to consult further. Take care
Dr. Chetan Vispute
Addiction Psychiatrist 8 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
OCD has a waxing waning course. The disorder is treatable. The treatment consists of medication and cognitive behaviour therapy. Both when used together gives best results. Mindfulness is also effective.