OCCASIONALLY GOOSE BUMPS

Occasionally , my father observed that right side in his brain some blood circulation being taking place during sleeping time, while at work, during middle of conversation etc, During this time, right hand will get goose bumps till the end of fingers. The duration of this type of symptom will be for few seconds, maximum 30 sec., He is not feeling any headache, pain or any type of inconvenience., But, he is getting fear. As no negative reports in EEG, MRI SCAN, CT SCAN,etc., doctors telling "nothing to worry". But, what to do ? What type of decease it is? What type of medicines to be used ? When it will stop ? Under what circumstances, it is being repeated ? We want a detailed reply. it is not migraine as he is not having any pain, and after 30 sec, he will be normal. IO NECK PROBLEM; SOME BODY TELLS IT IS DUE T O SEIZURES; ETC., BUT, NO CONFIRMATION FROM ANY ONE WHAT TYPE OF MEDICINES TO BE USED. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE PROBLEM. BUT, NO PAIN. BUT, DUE TO THIS HE IS BECOMING DULL.

Doctor Answers (4) on OCCASIONALLY GOOSE BUMPS

May be due to stress, anxiety, exertion, excess physical activity.
Begin with Homoeopathic medicine Rhus tox 30
4 pills -- 3 times daily -- 30 days
Chew pills. Take medicines as advised.
Hello.
As investigation suggests nothing, that means it is a functional problem, something subjective to your father. Homoeopathic medicines can help in functional disorders. Homoeopathic physician should be consulted for this. For the time being you can give him Pulsatilla 200 two doses only ans wait for seven days and report.
Regards
Hello sir, by the detailed description that you have given, it seems that there is no pathological problem in the brain as the scans are clean, which means there is no tumour or blockage of any kind. Thus what we can assume is this symptom is arising due to sudden activity of neurons. Probably the signals transmitted between neurons are send out signals in a burst, which is leading to goose bumps. This may be a very very mild form of seizure , but it is not epilepsy as your father is not having any convulsions or unconsciousness spells. All this said, it is very difficult to prescribe a medicine for this condition without a thorough case study because it the matter of the brain, we should not take chances or experiment with medicine. If you wish for a homoeopathic treatment, kindly visit an experienced homoeopath in your area or write to me or add yourself in my patients and take an appointment .
The first step to control such episodes is to relax the brain. All kinds of abnormal brain activity which we cannot understand through brain scans, can be controlled through pranayam and meditation. Please ask your father to practice alternate nostril breathing also known as naadi shodhan, ans specially concentrate on "surya bhedi naadhi shodhan" please follow the link http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com/surya-bhedi.html . In addition to this, ask him to meditate for atleast 20 minutes everyday. He can do this before going to sleep.
Do not take stress, avoid blinking lights,watching TV in a dark room, use of ear phones or head phones for longer than 30 minutes in one sitting. Take proper rest and sleep.
Homeo medicines do help in such unexplained nature of illnesses. Can contact me