Occasional Tinnitus

I experience occasional tinnitus with a frequency of less that once per month with ear fullness which lasts for a 5 to 10 seconds. Once after catching cold I had tinnitus for a week which was around 6 months back which was not troublesome after taking some cold medicines it went away. Both the types of tinnitus tones i hear is different . My hearing is proper but I get anxious and stressed very soon. And I have low BP 90/60 most of the times and observed i get ear fullness under stress or sleeplessness or low BP or indigestion or no when there is no physical activity . Should I be concerned or this is normal to experience. I get stressed easily and even thought this does not last longer i panic alot.

Doctor Answers (1) on Occasional Tinnitus

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Tinnitus is an abnormal noise that you can hear. However, the noise does not come from outside your ear... many people with tinnitus, the cause is not known. The ear is otherwise fine..... Sometimes the tinnitus is caused by another conditions such as menieres disease or otosclerosis.... . A hearing test is usually done. An underlying ear problem can usually be ruled out by this examination and hearing test....Consult Ent specialist....