Numbness in hands

My husband faces numbness in hands while sleeping.sometimes, he experience numbness in calves also.We went to neurologist, who suggested B12 test, which came out low (190).We have started with IV injections from last 4 months, but there is no improvement.Can anything else be done.Is any other test required? Shall we consult some other doctor or wait for the injections to finish

Doctor Answers (1) on Numbness in hands

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello well it's quite possible that it is vitamin B12 deficiency only because that is one of the common cause of numbness and the deficiency is also very common among Indians especially vegetarians secondly I don't think you need to change Doctor ok cancel another Neurologist it's better to continue the injections as it will definitely take some time to relieve the symptoms for continuing injections as well as modified some diet try to have both of green leafy vegetables in your diet thank you..follow up with the neurologist
Still if you have any problem consult another neurologist for opinion