cancer-icon

Not sure about cancer

I have some clots on my body, I showed it to some general doctors which took it easy; while I am worried about having cancer, what should I do

Doctor Answers (2) on Not sure about cancer

Dr. Saurabh Chittora Kota | Internal Medicine
Well that's quiet a common problem. If the clots as you say are just palpable, not visible. Then it seems to be a benign problem mostly due to rapid growth (horizontally/vertically, this represents nothing but torn ends of the fatty layer (adipose layer) of your skin. Do not worry about it. It takes years together to get subsided.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it could be Lipoma.
A lipoma is a slow-growing, fatty lump that's most often situated between your skin and the underlying muscle layer. A lipoma, which feels doughy and usually isn't tender, moves readily with slight finger pressure. Lipomas are usually detected in middle age. Some people have more than one lipoma.

A lipoma isn't cancer and usually is harmless. Treatment generally isn't necessary, but if the lipoma bothers you, is painful or is growing, you may want to have it removed.