Normal uterus & mild PCOD

When my wife cosulted doctor, docter told my wife have mild pcod problem. doctor given given tablet " cyproterone acetate and ethiylestaduiol tablet" for 3 months . Actually we are planning to have babe. But this problem, is it effect to getting to pregnant. my wife has irregular periods. what is differ b/w mild pcod and pcod? please give suggestion to solve my wife problem.

Doctor Answers (5) on Normal uterus & mild PCOD

Umesh Thakkar Ahmedabad | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
i think if you get baby then you will be relax. start treatment from gynaecologist or a infertility specialist for pregnancy.
Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Obstetrician
PCOD is a disease where there is a disorder of metabolism where the body is unable to process sugar in the cells something akin to diabetes.......and here the hormonal imbalance affects the body by increasing weight, increasing body hair ( Hirsutism ), reduced or stoppage of ovulation ( at ovulation ovum is released which is essential for having a baby , which doesnt happen in PCOD )..........this anovulation is the major factor for having irregular menses.........while treating patients with infertility with PCOD, there are many methods, some doctors give a ovulation medicine and see if that happens,.......whereas some doctor like yours give tab. CP+EE combination for a few months followed by ovulation medicines........please ask what your doctor has in mind about the CP+EE given to her...........some doctors give CP + EE tablets for acne and to regularise menses.........you havent mentioned whether your doctor is Gynec or other!!!! and whether that doctor is going to treat her for infertility........if your doctor is NOT a gynecologist, please visit one in your vicinity and get the best treatment possible for your PCOD and infertility
Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Irregular periods and polycystic appearance of ovaries (mild or severe does not matter) is a sure sign of deep seated hormone imbalance which may come in your way of having a healthy pregnancy. If you want to heal this issue from the root cause, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com The above mentioned pill you are taking can only mask the symptoms without doing anything to heal the body. Hope that helps.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
See there is nothing like mild pcod. Either she has it or she doesn't. Even if she has it it's not a disease but a change in the body which has happened because if deranged lifestyle. Whatever drugs u r taking will just regularize her periods bit then they r oral contraceptive n definitely will stop pregnancy. I think u should go for planning a baby as a baby is the final treatment of pcod
If your wife has been diagnosed with PCOD based on blood tests and ultrasonography, then whether it is mild or not, is irrelevant. PCOD presents with a spectrum of symptoms, and not all ladies will have all the symptoms. We treat the problem with which each lady presents, and therefore treatment may not be exactly the same for all ladies. Maintaining the body weight within normal limits is very important. If she is not having regular periods, then she will have difficulty conceiving, as she is not ovulating regularly. Please see your doctor for fertility investigations, stopping the cyproterone pill and medicines to help with ovulation, if needed.