No Presence of mind

My mom used to be very active in and around the home. Its been almost 1 1/2 year she became silent and not expressing herself.Sometimes we also observed that she talks to herself and when we ask what happened she says nothing.My father says that even though i speak she wont speak n when we ask her she says i should not speak, this how i need to be, there is nothing much to talk etc.My father shows anger very quickly during an argument he shivers with anger and the way he shouts in anger is worst. Both of them quarrel a lot just because of this these days.We suspect that the quarrel b/w them got it to this situation. Its my humble and praising request , please help me out on this situation. How to deal with this. :'(

Doctor Answers (4) on No Presence of mind

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello my dear beloved  and caring child,  it is  better  if you could fix an appointment with a Psychologist and help her to vent out her feelings so that she will be to realise with a clarity how to manage and handle her situations and ,Eadweard a harmonious and cheerful life.
Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear sir/mam,
It is indeed a troublesome situation you are facing. By your description, it appears to be a psychotic disorder. Pls be assured that we now have excellent medicines, that can control this condition well. With adequate emotional and social support, you may see your mom functioning well like before, at home as well as socially.
Pls take her to a psychiatrist at the earliest and get her treated. You may have to do it without her willingness initially, but the matter usually settles in some time.
Pls feel free to contact me for a private consultation.
Regards!
hi, i understand its a difficult time for you. its nice that you are willing to help and showing concern. did your mother experience something harsh or disturbing around 1, 1.5 years ago? exploring that, may give us answers. also i suggest you should take your parents to a psychologist nearby and seek therapy. your mother definitely needs it. take care.
Dr. Nihar Burte Solapur | Addiction Psychiatrist
From the short account I can say that she has either severe depression or some kind of psychotic disorder. She needs an urgent psychiatric consultation as it is already quite long since she is having complaints. Also the illness is likely to worsen or become chronic. She might also need some social support which you can provide