Neurologist

My mother's eyes closes automatically she is not able to open eyes, with this she is having misalignment in jaws and difficulty in speaking and even eating.She faces problem in deep breathing. She always feels fatiuge and also faces dilusion. Dr are clueless is it Migie's Syndrome? Who can confirm and correct it.

Doctor Answers (2) on Neurologist

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Most symptoms you have mentions relates to Meige syndrome. But a neurologist opinion would be required. Involuntary contraction of jaws and forceful contraction of the eyelid would certainly require Botulinum Inj, which is the mainstay treatment. Though other suitable medications can be prescribed after consult.
Hi there, usually a neurologist who specialises in movement disorders can detect meige's. Additionally a dentist can be invaluable in confirming the oromandibular symptoms. A combined approach should be helpful and a dentist can assist a neurologist in making the correct diagnosis. This is the best way according to me. Wish your mother good health and a speedy recovery.