Neurological problem
Dear sir, this Shakti Prasad I am suffering from epilepsy since 1994, currently I am taking medicine encorate chrno 500 tab 2 tab each day. I am married and I am planning for a baby. My question is if the child born he or she will be face the same problem or not? And in my family history no one had face such problem.

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hi, The risk of passing epilepsy on to your children is usually low. Epilepsy shouldn’t be a reason not to have children. Medical testing may help people who have a known genetic form of epilepsy understand their risks.If your is genetically determined epilepsy( means it should run in families) there is chance of transmission otherwise not.Discuss with gynaecologist.