Epilepsy from childhood
Dear doctor, all the doctors have rightly said not to stop medication if you have epilepsy. I totally agree 200%, I'm in fact taking my pills regularly as per various neurology experts I consult about 30 years, I got first attack at my age 2. I was married, divorced due to this epilepsy issue, any permanent solution .

Dr. Jogendra Kumar Bastia
Neurologist 7 yrs exp Hyderabad
Permanent treatment of epilepsy depends open cause of epilepsy. Epilepsy occurs due   to structural lesion in brain, genetic disease , epilepsy syndrome or idiopathic (no causes identified ) usually childhood epilepsy is commonly genetic/ syndromic or idiopathic epilepsy which require long term treatment. But if your fits are controlled with medication then nothing to worry about. Thousands of people taking life long epilepsy medicine and living perfectly normal life with a very successful family social and professional life. So epilepsy should not hinder your life style if take regular medicine and keep seizure under controll. And regarding permanent solution for that cause of your epilepsy should be known In most patients antiepileptic drugs can be gradually withdrawn under strict supervision of a neurologist if the seizure is perfectly controlled for a good number of Years