cardiologist-icon

Need to know diet plan

I want to know Diet plan for diabetes and heart patient He has diabetes for last 15 years and Last month he had a heart bypass.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Ambedkar Nagar

Adopt DASH Google it Also restrict calories intake in view of diabetes Consult with a dietician for a detailed diet chart Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Chandrashekhar Munjewar
Cardiologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
A proper diet advice can only be given only if the patient is properly examined and all the investigations and medicines are seen. But, in general, he should have 1. oil/fat as less as possible in the diet. 2. No sweets and sugar 3. No extra salt and restricted fluids especially if heart's pumping is poor. Also the dose of medicines should be adjusted so that it compliments the kind of food taken and maximum benefit is derived from diet modifications. But as I said patient examination is necessary before a final plan is worked out. Hope this helps. Dr Chandrashekhar Munjewar, Mumbai www.thefitheart.in