Neck problem

Male,31. I spend 8 to 9 hours daily in front of PC as my job profile demands the same. I face neck and back pain problem everyday. Should I stop using pillow while sleeping??

Doctor Answers (3) on Neck problem

Dr. Rajiv Mehta Delhi | Physiotherapist
At the age of 31 stop thinking about don't think about what u should do so that u can carry on ur work with ease. Get ur core muscle strengthen.
Navi Mumbai | Physiotherapist
As mentioned by you, that you are required to sit and work for hours long, i think the pain is due to mechanical load on your back and neck muscles.... when a muscle remains in the same position for a longer times, it tends to assume that position and ultimately leads to deviation in posture.... regular stretching of major back and neck muscles is required for you to get relief of the symptoms... take break every 30-40 minutes and do stretch for 4-5 minutes abd get back to work.... this should help you on longer run.... also seek an ergonomic advice for your workplace.... and yes, removing pillow is not a solution for your prob.
Dr. Dinesh Yadav Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
Using pillow is not the solution for your problem. You should consult ergonomist for your problem ad start streching and strengthening exercise for neck ad back. And best will be consult physiotherapist around your community .