diabetes-icon
Neck enlargement
I am having hypothyroidism since 5 years for which I am taking thyronorm. I started with 50 mcg then reduced to 25 mcg.I have lost weight & since 1 year my thyroid is under normal level as per past TFT report.But 3 months back I got by TFT done in which my anti tpo was positive but T4 & T3 & TSH were normal.For past 1 month I am experiencing hairloss.My scalp is visible.At the same time neer my neck enlargement subside in this past 5 years which causes embarrassment.It seems as if I have additional protrusion on my neck.Inspite being on medication my neck enlargement is not subsiding though my T4 T3 TSH are normal (but anti tpo is positive) Due to my neck enlargement I switch my dose back to 50 mcg Kindly advise what should I do next ? I will be highly obliged if you will help me out

Rakesh Arora
Endocrinologist 5 yrs exp Amritsar
You should not increase your thyroid hormone dosage just to reduce the goitre. Instead, if even after TFT being under control, the goitre is increasing, you should get a high resolution USG done to rule out other pathologies.
HR USG neck for thyroid