Nails peeled off

Due to a minor accident, My feet nails were peeled off and initially I had some blood also, but now it is all clotted.. I am far wlaway from hospitals and general nurse suggested that it will take time and she applied some Provimax M and advised me to keep it open in contact of air. It is giving pain. but not that bad. I didn't had any pain killer or antibiotics. Do i need to get tetanus injection or anything else. Do i need to worry about this and check with doctor. Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thanks in advance..

Doctor Answers (1) on Nails peeled off

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...if the nail has come off partially, then it will need to be removed completely. Also if you haven't had tetanus vaccination in the last two years, then you can take one. Also since there's a lot of bleeding, there's a chance of secondary bacterial infection. So it better to take a course of antibiotics. Also just apply plain antibiotic cream like sodium fusidate or mupirocin for the wound. If you have pain then you can take an analgesic like paracetamol or diclofenac. And consult a general surgeon when possible for further examination of the wound.