My TSH level is 17

Tsh is 17. Hypothyroidism since last 2 years. How to bring it to normal level. Taking 100mg electrocin every day. Pls suggest.

Doctor Answers (4) on My TSH level is 17

Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
18 yrs. of exp | Gurgaon | Medical Microbiologist

INR 500 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
You need to take eltroxin.  Initially the dose may higher and later adjusted to a maintenance dose
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You need to check your TSH regularly. Also, you need to take the tablets daily on an empty stomach for them to work better. For dose adjustment at present i would suggest you consult a endocrinologist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. DrAnil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi there...most of the times hypothyroidism treatment is mainly by replacing thyroid hormones by thyroxin tablets in appropriate dose... Consult nearest physician for clinical examination and for lab investigations and dosage adjustment they will help you further...Regars.
Dr. Rama S.K
15 yrs. of exp | Pune | Internal Medicine
Many times people continue same dosage of eltroxin for years and do TSH monitoring oneself randomly to find poor control......remember till TSH have not become normal you need TSH monitoring 3 monthly....tab eltroxin is given according to body wt..see if adequately prescribed Also try to do TSH test from same lab every time and take eltroxin in morning empty stomach daily