My son not a good dietary

My son diet is very poor he doesn't like to eat even a biscuit himself. He never said that I am hungry .

Doctor Answers (1) on My son not a good dietary

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, How much your child wants to eat is affected by: their mood (tired, upset or excited);their health;the time of day;the type of food offered; and how active they are. It's okay if your child sometimes doesn't eat or eats very little. A skipped meal or snack won't harm a healthy child. Saying “no” is also your child's way of having choice or freedom. If your child can't settle down to eat, plan some quiet time before the meal or snack. Keep meal times calm and turn off the TV, cell phones, tablets and computers. Using dessert or a favourite food as a reward for eating isn't needed. If your child doesn't like a food, or doesn't want to eat, remove the food and offer a healthy snack 1 to 2 hours later. As long as your child gains weight for the age and playing well with other kids you need not worry. If your child is not gaining weight prescribed for the age and less active please consult a pediatrician.