My son has Slight squint

Hi, I have a 8 months boy baby. He had sought squint on his left eye. It was very evident when he was 5-6 months old. It had reduced, however as a 1st time mother I am worried. I'm worried to take him to a doc n see them handling him, go through the tests n more. Anything exercise that I can do? I use a torch in the dark n he follows it. Wanted more info, in terms of how long would take to rectify or why does it happen. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on My son has Slight squint

Dr. Cajetan M F Tellis
27 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Pediatrician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Strabismus or squint, is seen in some children due to weakness of the muscles that move the eyes . If it has reduced as you have observed, then it is good news. However, leaving it unattended without expert guidance and therapy would be counterproductive. Dur to the squint, two different images are formed by the eyes and it puts stress on the brain to choose from the two . Please take him to a bigger Eye Hospital or Institution, in your city, where you should be able to  find a Pediatric Ophthalmologist , who would be able to deal with your child  .
Dr. Trupti Shetty
10 yrs. of exp | Pune | Pediatrician

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Ma'am it's natural at this age. Babies tend to have a squint as their eye muscles are not fully developed. In fact their depth of vision doesn't completely develop until they are 6years old. U can wait for a few more months and if even then he has a squint, u can consult a pediatric ophthalmologist